Take time to discover the delightful rural village of Fox Glacier and its surrounds by exploring independently on an e-bike.
- You are in the home of Fox Glacier’s famous kettle lake, Lake Matheson. Take a walk around the lake in ethereal rainforest and when conditions are right you will see reflections of NZ’s highest peaks, Aoraki/Mt Cook and Mt Tasman in its tannin stained waters.
- Ride west to Gillespie’s beach where you will get a sense of where the Fox Glacier terminated into the Tasman Sea approx 11,000 years ago.
- Riding the path of the Fox Glacier’s retreat you will pass working farms and be sure to stop to admire views of the Fox Glacier’s upper icefall from the Peak View Indicator. Try your hand at the indicator and identify the mountain peaks that are visible from here.
- Ride the Southern Cycle/Walkway and onto to the South Side Road where you can park your bike and take a walk to another Fox Glacier viewpoint.
The Fox Glacier Guiding team are experts on the area so will be happy to give you a map showing where the places of interest are to visit. This means you can explore the area your way.
Please be aware that the e-bikes cannot to be reserved so are available on a first come, first served basis.
E-bike Hire Options
Half day (4 hours)
9am – 1pm or 1pm – 5pm
Full day (8 hours)
9am – 5pm
Included free with all rentals:
- Bike Pump,
- Drink Bottle Cage,
- Spares Kit,
- Map of Fox Glacier
- Bike lock
What to bring:
- Day pack
- Lunch, drink/snacks
- Walking shoes
- Warm sweater/fleece jacket
- Insect repellent