Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for an answer about Fox Glacier Township. We’ve shared some of our most frequently asked questions to help you out!
FOX GLACIER TOWNSHIP
There is an excellent selection of accommodation options in Fox Glacier including hotels, motels, bed and breakfast & home stays, backpackers, campervan parks and motor camps. Below are some suggestions on where to stay in Fox Glacier township. For bookings, please contact the accommodation provider directly. They will be more than happy to assist you.
- Bella Vista Motel – use promo code FOXGUIDES to save 10%
- Distinction Te Weheka Hotel Fox Glacier – use promo code FOXGUIDES to save an additional 10% off best available rates
- Fox Glacier Campervan Park
- Fox Glacier Lodge
- Fox Glacier Mountain View B&B
- Fox Glacier Pod Hostel and Inn
- Fox Glacier TOP 10 Holiday Park
- Heartland Hotel Fox Glacier
- High Peaks Hotel
- Ivory Towers Backpackers
- Lake Matheson Hotel
- Mt. Cook View Motel
- Rainforest Motel
- Reflection Lodge
- Ropatini’s Homestay B&B
- Sunset Motels
- The Westhaven
The Fox Glacier township is a small country township located on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand. It is approximately
- 6 hours drive west of Christchurch
- 5 hours drive north of Queenstown
- 3.5 hours drive north of Wanaka
- 2.5 hours drive south of Greymouth
- 30 minutes from Franz Josef (21 kms/13 miles)
All of our trips depart from our base on 44 Main Road of Fox Glacier (State Highway 6).
The great thing about our town is that it is small and most accommodation is within walking distance of our base in the middle of the township.